FEBRUARY 01, 2022
As part of the implementation of the project “Organized Crime: West African Response on Cybersecurity and the fight against Cybercrime” (OCWAR-C), the ECOWAS Commission, in collaboration with the European Union, Expertise France and the Republic of Benin proceeded on Tuesday, February 01, 2022 to the official handover of additional equipment in order to strengthen the digital investigation capacities of the joint laboratory of the National Agency for the Security of Information Systems (ANSSI) and the Central Cybercrime Repression Office (OCRC) in their fight against cybercrime.
This handover of equipment was held at the premises of the National Agency for the Security of Information Systems (ANSSI-Benin) in the presence of the following personalities:
– the Director General of ANSSI
– the Commissioner in charge of Telecommunications and Information Technologies of ECOWAS
– the Director of the OCRC
– the representative of the EU Delegation in Benin
– the Deputy Director of the Cabinet of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (MAEC)
– the Secretary General of the Ministry of Digital and Digitalization (MND)
– the Resident Representative of ECOWAS in Benin
Following the various speeches, the symbolic handover was followed by a guided tour of ANSSI’s technical infrastructure.